Ten Tips to Beat the Winter Blues
During the Winter time we all get the Blues? Am I right? Well, not maybe not everyone, but there are a few of us that do get the Blues in the Winter time. Today, I have come up with 10 tips on how to beat the winter blues!
Let’s get Started!!!
- Vitamin D3
It is actually both a vitamin and a hormone. Despite its affects on hormones in the body, its thought to affect mood by improving your sense of well-being.
Check with your Doctor first- Vitamin D levels can be checked by a simple blood test.
2. Philips Golite sunlamps
SAD is a cyclic form of depression caused by changes in the circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is a 24-hour cycle that regulates biochemical processes in the body. When the levels of light change in the fall and winter, in some people, the cycle can be disrupted.
Levels of melatonin and serotonin drop in the winter, and can cause lethargy and weight gain.
Light therapy treats the cause of SAD, lack of light, without any side effects.
Easy to use/travel with- portable and rechargeable.
Available on Amazon for about $120.
Place at midriff 20 to 30 inches from your face.
Use at least 15 minutes per day
3. Don’t fight it- Rest, hibernate [ go to bed early, movie binges, say no to too many activities/making other people happy instead of yourself, take days off]
4. Warm foods [ soups, crock pots]
5. Go outside to get sun and fresh air [ ice skating, walks, skiing, sledding, throwing snowballs]
6. See comedy shows like improv and stand-up
Humor and laughter strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress. It’s a great Date night
7. Lots of Sex
8. Movement everyday that gets you sweaty [ trainer, dance, fun movement]
9. Great looking winter clothes so you do not feel dumpy. Wear vibrant colors and fitted clothes
10. Take a sunny vacation
There you have it 10 tips to beat the winter blues!
Hope this helps!
Here’s to Finding your Beautiful Soul! 💕